Friday, April 17, 2009

Homemade Burgers ;)




On Easter Sunday my family and I got together like we do on most holidays. My uncle, Arnold (Pop to us) always barbeques ribs, chicken, franks, AND... BURGERS! Yes my uncle is our go-to-guy for some tasty barbeque. He makes his own sauce that is mouthwateringly delicious. I love to take my burger patty and dunk it in the pot of BBQ sauce and just adding some cheese. The combonation of the burgers, potato salad, greens, and mac & cheese makes this a beasty meal. It's simple yet elegant!

I even fooled around and made my own BBQ sauce. I was told it came out wonderfully, but I can't find the dang recipe... :( I'll figure it out.

Home cookin is the best! You could really let your imagination run wild with adding sauces and toppings (fried egg, guacamole, peanut butter). I bust out the Foreman's Grill sometimes and grill up some turkey burgers and my Daddy gets crazy with veggie burgers. The "patty" is a big ol' mushroom!

"MMM! This IS a tasty burger!"

1 comment: